Very cold and windy all day at Marina
- Drove with PSM off on all runs
- Found a sweet spot for tires at 40/42
- Pretty good course read; didn't get lost
- Better starts overall
- Dropped times both morning and afternoon
- Used the width of the course
- Slalom was pretty good with concious "turn early"
- Down jacket and ski hat
What Didn't Work
As I get into more photography, I started thining about how to get some shots up on this site. Years ago I had followed a tutorial to do simple Flexslider slide shows.
This time, I wanted to have a thumbnail navigation as well. I found a great series of videos on YouTube on Drupal and Flexslider. I took his basic approach of using a block for the slideshow and a block for the carousel thumbnail and modified it to use a views attachment. This article serves as my notes to self.
- technique was better; turning earlier, braking hard like I mean it
- only a couple of hiccups with over or understeer
- slalom seemed pretty good
As part of the exterior remodeling, we added 2 tanks to the house to capture water for yard use. We get our water from the stockholders membership, but we’re on wells that can run low during drought.
Our approach was to drop in a flat 2000 gal tank under the deck as the primary source. We fill this tank with the downspouts from about 1/4 of our roof. It only takes 1-2 rains to fill this tank up.
I was very impressed with this class the wealth of great driving instructors in our region.